Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday, Nov. 18, 2011

Ernie's World is rather quiet tonight. The rest of the family is gone for the night. I will take full advantage of a quiet house to read, research on the web for a couple things I am wondering about and generally be a "bum".

After a day of outdoor work, getting things in order for what they claim might be our first snowfall of the season, I am not very creative, nor do I care to get involved in any 'rants' about the general condition of the country and world. My world is pretty peaceful right now, I think it best to keep it that way for a day.

If we do in fact get a good snow storm, it is very likely that we will have seen the last of our ground until late March or April. For snow, at this time of year is very unlikely to be melting until spring. That is what we have snowshoes for, we also have some new trails cut through the woods that we will be able to use this winter. Snow is more of a bother to me than cold, but snowshoeing is a nice exercise that lets one get into the woods and see all the sign of wildlife activity from the fresh tracks made after every snowfall.  For that reason along I will enjoy the snow, whenever it comes, no matter what, it won't be long until our world turns 'white' for about 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment