Thursday, November 3, 2011

Too Far From The Woods

Some of us question if we should start blogging. For various reasons. Besides the fact that it is much easier to set up a blog than it is to make regular posts, it seems strange that someone who has spend most of my life avoiding public attention would thrust themselves into the fray.

But if I feel too intimidated after I make a few posts, I can always remain "hidden" by simply not spreading the word that I even have a blog. However, I have never been one to take intimidation easily, so maybe I will come out of the woods and start pressing my much varied opinions upon an unsuspecting world.

My belief is firmly with the crowd that wants to be "left along", go about our lives in a simple fashion. However, often it appears that to exist in a crazy modern world, even we should "stand up" and "speak up" with some common sense. So I will attempt to emerge from my little patch of woods and prairie from time to time & express some opinions and share some adventures of a common man.

Be it known up front that I make no claims of being a "writer", my grammar & spelling might be horrible at times, due to the common condition of 'brain-slip' or just plain overlooking a misspelled word that my spell check also missed. If that detail is too much for you, then you might not enjoy reading the thoughts of a "common man" living in the real world, well, at least part of the time we all must live in the real world, at other times it is nice to live at another time or place in history.

If you stumble upon this blog anytime soon I will give you a hint as to the type of posts you might expect to find here. Subjects that interest me are; 'outdoor activities', 'homestead type living', 'religion' (Christian), 'politics', when it matters. In general I have a great variety of interests so it would be hard for me to have a blog that was confined to a certain 'topic'. That seems to be a departure from what I observe in most blogs, but I consider myself a bit of a departure from most of society, so doing things 'outside the box', as the worn out saying goes, is a fair description I would not dispute if applied to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment