Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Batteries Sometime are Dead

Today was not what I call a "nice winter day", rather it was a nasty windy, cold day. Despite that it reached almost 30 degrees. It started off around 7' with a very stiff south wind that hits our farm 'dead on'.

I was preserving my energy to help my mechanic when he came to work on the truck, since I was convinced our brand new battery was no good. Turned out I was right to. So we were spared having to buy a starter, but I got the job of returning the new battery to one of my least favorite hardware stores and explaining to the man that they really should check a battery before they sold it to a woman. Now I have a battery that I checked before he took it from the shelf and my mechanic will come back and put it in the truck. A job that I could do in 5 minutes, but not with a "cut gut"!

That was my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment